One of the eight planets in the solar system
Earth(English Name:earth;Latin:Terra)is the third planet from the sun,and is also the only known celestial body that breeds and supports life.About 29.2%of the earth's surface is land composed of continents and islands.The remaining 70.8%is covered by water,most of which are covered by oceans,bays and other salty water bodies,as well as lakes,rivers and other freshwater bodies,which together form the hydrosphere.Most of the earth's polar regions are covered with ice.The outer layer of the earth is divided into several rigid tectonic plates,which have migrated on the surface for millions of years,while the inner layer remains active.There is a solid iron core,a liquid outer core that generates the earth's magnetic field,and a convective mantle that drives plate tectonics.
The earth's atmosphere is mainly composed of nitrogen and oxygen.The tropics receive more solar energy than the polar regions and are redistributed through atmospheric and ocean circulation.Greenhouse gases also play an important role in regulating land surface temperature.The climate of a region is not only determined by latitude,but also by altitude and proximity to the region and the sea.Tropical cyclones,thunderstorms,heat waves and other bad weather often occur in large areas,which have a great impact on life.
The earth's gravity will interact with other objects in space,especially the moon,which is the only natural satellite of the earth.It takes about 365.25 days for the earth to make a revolution around the sun.The earth's axis of rotation is inclined with respect to its orbital plane,thereby generating seasons on the earth.The gravitational interaction between the earth and the moon causes tides,stabilizes the direction of the earth on its axis,and gradually slows down its rotation speed.the earth is the home where human beings live together,and mankind has only one earth.
Content source: Baidu Encyclopedia